Monday 8 December 2014

"C" : The national archery championship


 

On the 8th June 2014, at 7:30 am, I arrived in La Mure for the 30th national Ufolep championship. Under the stall, I said « Hello » to my coach and my friends : Célia, Hugo and Doudou. Our parents went to get the bar ready because my club organized this event. After having seen all my friends, I went to the yard to see our targets. On 71 targets, I was on the 10C with Doudou. The first shooting was okay but when we started to score it was a disaster ! When I shot, I stressed a lot so my movement was not good so my arrow didn't go in the yellow... and the sun raised in our face and a canicular heat arrived. Sudden terrible conditions ! The first series was good. When the series ended, we went to eat a good sandwich. In the afternoon we held the refreshment area, it was very funny : we sang, we danced for people to come and we washed dishes (it was less funny). My coach gave me a pink tee-shirt with a beautiful hat and green sun glasses for the staff. Our surname given to us by the people who were there was « V.I.P ». It was a lot of fun. At 7:00 pm, the thanks to the volunteers and archers started. At 8:00 pm, the ceremony of palmares began. I am very stressed because with my very bad points and the stress of the result it was horrible. « The girls now and the champion of France is Camille !! »

In my head I thought it was impossible. On the first step of the podium, I could see everyone and I broke down.

My friends were in tears because they were very happy. Back at the bottom of the podium I didn't have the time to realize that I was in the arms of my friends, my family and my club. Hugo, Celia and Doudou were on the podium too on the first step ! At dinner we were so happy with the perfomance : we sang «  It's in Isere we sing the strongest ! » Everyone sang with us. It was the most beautiful day of my life !



That's why everyone can make it !
 
If you liked this story, please vote "C" (post a comment) !

No comments:

Post a Comment