Monday 8 December 2014

"J" : The war


 


The cold, the fear. It's humide out there, and I can't see a thing. What ? I don't know. Breathing, it is the most important. Suffocating. It's stuffy. A cellar. In dark. I can't remember... I have a headache. Where am I exactly ? I remember just a little. I am in Scotland, in an underground passage. It's not a cellar. I am in the camp of the enemy, a prisoner. When? On the 24th January 1943. I am just a soldier, treated like a puppet. I wanted to protect my homeland but I was caught by the invader, during a mission. It has been one month since I am here. I made friends with the rats. I share my meal with them. I became like them: a poor rat lost full of grime. I am a poor human rag. I miss my family. I don't want them to know what I became. I would doubtless never see them again. I am tortured everyday. They want information. They will have nothing. I know nothing. I am just a soldier. It is the war.

I hear a noise. They get closer. No!!! This time I will escape. I can't stand anymore, the hunger, the thirst all this is too hard for me. They open the door. They are two. I throw myself on the first one and drill him the stomach with the end of a rusty metal winch I found by groping at the bottom of my prison. The second takes me by surprise. I forget everything around me. I fall. It's fuzzy. I die slowly; he shot on me. My only regret is not to be able to say goodbye to my wife and my two children...

I leave this world. It's not serious; I would have at least the merit to have died for my homeland. I hope that I would go to Heaven... Not enough luck... I merit Hades. I had killed a person for my survival. But I feel that I finally see the end of the tunnel. I am going to find my brothers who died in the fight.


Goodbye

George Harrison
If you liked this story, please vote "J" (post a comment) !

No comments:

Post a Comment