Friday 3 February 2017

An avalanche in Italy buried a mountain hotel



On Wednesday 20th January 2017 an 
avalanche buried a mountain hotel in the
center of Italy.
 
The avalanche destroyed the Rigopiano
hotel, in the Abruzzo region. On Saturday, the
total number of survivors was nine
people with 4 children. 5 people died and
23 people were still missing.
The avalanche was probably triggered
by a big earthquake.
The emergency services tried their
best to find the missing people.
 
When I heard about this piece of news
I felt concerned because I live in the
Alps where snow avalanches are
frequent. This could have happened not far
from my school.
 
I'm impressed by the work of the
emergency services. They are very
courageous because they endanger
their own lives to save other people.
 
Written by Lilou S., 4B

No comments:

Post a Comment