Friday 3 February 2017

Skiing

 


There are several disciplines in skiing, such as:

Downhill skiing

It is the fastest discipline. Downhill skiing requires speed, technical control and courage.

Slalom skiing

Routes are the shortest, but they contain a large number of doors.
The giant slalom requires big precision, the sense of rhythm and the strength to negotiate every bend.

Super-giant slalom

In super-giant slalom
the competitors have a time limit to explore the slope.

Ski jumping

The skiers descend a special take-off ramp, jump and try to go as far as possible.
The skis which are used for ski jumping are long and wide.

The super combined
The super combined is a discipline which combines downhill and slalom on the same day.

Cross-country skiing

Cross-country skiing is practised on flat ground, it includes Nordic skiing and biathlon. It is a perfect sport of endurance.

Off-piste skiing

Off-piste skiing consists in traveling down slopes which have not been packed down. They are not crowded. This discipline gets more sensations than skiing on traditional slopes but it is more dangerous.
Skiing can be considered as leisure or be practised in competition

Written by Valentine J., 4C

6 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Oskar. I was interested in your topic of downhill skiing. I like skiing fast and I have a good technique by which I do not got injured. Interesting article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really like skiing, too. But I didn't know that there are so many disciplines in skiing. The discipline which fits me most is "downhill skiing", because I like skiing fast. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I like skiing very much, too - and my favorite type of skiing is Super - Giant slalom.
    Bye! Bartosz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I also really like skiing. My dad taught me when I was six. Unfortunately, I never took part in any ski competitions. In my country (in Poland) there is not always snow , but this year fortunately there was a lot of it. Last year there wasn't a lot of snow, so the conditions were not perfect for skiing :-( M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,I love dogs, too. I would like to have a dog, but I can't because we haven't got enought time to care for a dog.
    I'll tell you some interesting facts about dogs:
    • Did you know the dog's normal temperature is about 38℃ ?
    • I read somewhere that the oldest dog lived twenty-nine years and five months. He was called Bluey.
    • Dogs can't see the colours: red, yellow, green and orange.
    I'm sure there are many other interesting things about dogs, but I liked these the most.
    Take care! Kajetan 6c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like dogs. They are so nice and smart. A dog is the best friend of a man. I like the article about dogs very much. E.

    ReplyDelete